At one time or another we've all finished a book, short story or some other work of fiction, and wondered what it was all about. Other times we have our own view on a piece and are curious how other people reacted to the story. The essays on this site, reactions we call them, are our attempt to help ourselves and other readers find meaning in literature and fiction. To make sense out of story, some reason (but not too much) out of rhyme.
You may have some deep seated suspicion about being told what a story is really about. This is well and good, everyone should be free to stitch narrative threads on their own. The reactions on this site are merely suggestions on how the fibers of a story can be sewn to make plausible tapestries.
- Birds, The (Movie - 1963) directed by: Alfred Hitchcock
- Reaction; Puzzlingly horrifying
- The Saga of the Metabarons (Graphic Novel) by: Alejandro Jodorowsky;
- Reaction; Branding Fate
- The Three-Body Problem (Novel) by: Cixin Liu;
- Reaction; Back to Basics
- The Giver (Novel) by: Lois Lowry;
- Reaction; Let's get rid of the messy
- Past Posts